Applications to become British are being subjected to increased scrutiny. The good character requirements are being interpreted increasingly strictly, and there is no right of appeal if your application is refused for any reason.
As a British Citizen, you can live and work in the UK free from immigration controls. Unless you are British by descent, you must apply to be granted British citizenship.
To make absolutely sure why not contact us for advice and assistance on completing your application. You can speak directly to a specialist immigration adviser by calling 07596 408273 or alternatively you can complete our British Citizenship form.
At Immigration Street Legal, we have extensive experience of British Citizenship applications and can provide the following service regarding your application;
- Advise you about the relevant immigration laws, UKVI / Identity & Passport Service procedures and policies
- Discuss your immigration history and advise you about the merits of your application
- Check that you meet the good character requirement
- Ensure that your absences from the UK are fully documented
- Assist you with the type of documents you must submit in support of your naturalisation application
- Certify your passport and other documentation which means that you do not have hand over your passport whilst your application is pending consideration at UKVI / Identity & Passport Service
- Complete the application with you and check your referees have correctly completed their section
- Prepare the covering letter to introduce and support your application
- Submit your application and liaise with the UKVI / Identity & Passport Service for an expeditious decision on your application
- Deal with all enquiries from UKVI / Identity & Passport Service
- Advise you about the implications of the UKVI / Identity & Passport Service decision on your application
Frequently Asked Questions