Parents and Adult Dependants

Parents & Adult Dependants

This category is only open to the parents, grandparents, adult sisters and brothers, and adult children of someone who is settled in the UK, or who has refugee leave or humanitarian protection.  Other relatives are not covered under the Immigration Rules.

The application has to be lodged from your home country.  Settlement is granted immediately if the UK based sponsor is British or has Indefinite Leave to Remain, and if the UK based sponsor has a limited time visa, then leave is granted for the same period as the sponsor’s leave.

You will be eligible to apply for settlement once you have lived in the UK on this visa for five years.

About you. Before this visa is granted, you have to prove that you are unable to look after yourself on a day to day basis, because of your age, illness or disability.

There must also be nothing in your conduct or your previous immigration history to make you ineligible for entry to the UK.

Care facilities. You also have to satisfy the Home Office that, even with the financial and practical help of your sponsor, there is no suitable care available in your home country, either because it doesn’t exist, or because it is unaffordable.

Maintenance and accommodation.
Your sponsor has to be in a position to maintain and accommodate you, and take care of you, without needing any recourse to public funds.

Your sponsor will have to give an undertaking to support you without help from the government for five years from the date you enter the UK.

Suitability requirements. Even if you meet all the other requirements of the Immigration Rules, you can be refused because of your character and conduct.

Criminal convictions, previous poor immigration history, deception or withholding material facts (whether accidentally or on purpose), using the NHS when not entitled to – these are all issues that are taken into consideration before this visa is issued.

Application Form

More Applications